moved

We have moved! The blog, and all it's posts can now be found at mcbabybump3.com. Hop on over and find us there! You can use the search box at the bottom to find all older posts!

17 February 2011

Project 52 | Furry | Week 7

Motherhood is

furry.

because he was my first 'baby',

and he taught me how to love like a mommy.






With his homemade apple-cinnamon puppy treats 
(and no, I did not let him eat all of them at once!)

Can I EAT these mommy???


Yum, yum!





 Valentine's Day was my sweet puppy, Jean-Luc's 3rd birthday (pronouced John-Luke, but we just call him Luke). Luc was rescued from a kill shelter and was the runt of the litter, so we don't know his actual birthday. Just that it was mid-February, so we celebrate on Valentine's Day!


I think in so many ways, getting a dog or cat prepares you for motherhood. Luc CRIED all night long the first week we had him. He got into everything and couldn't be left alone at all. He pooped and peed all over my floor. He demanded attention and time. We had to plan to come home early let him out of the crate after dinner. He brought responsibility to our lives and taught us to plan for something beyond ourselves.We trained his habits and behaviors to match with our family and goals. And in return, he loved us unconditionally.


Most of all he taught me that motherhood isn't perfect, that you aren't going to always LIKE every minute, but that you will always love the ones that make you a mother.


So Happy Birthday my sweet, annoying puppy dog, we love you!






Luc got a sister just a month after he came to live with us, and believe me, Juliette owns him, haha!
She jumped in this picture and wanted to see just what he was getting to eat!


4 comments:

VanDyck Family said...

Wow, I can't believe he waited for you to take the photo before diggin' in! Luc is such a good boy (most of the time). Happy Birthday Luc!

Emily said...

Our poochies will wait but not without giving us the "you are killing me pout"
*Happy Birthday Luc*
I think you should share the recipe for those Puppy Treats!

ARK said...

Beautiful photography! what a sweet looking pup :)

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com said...

what a good dog!!! :) and a good pic!! :)